Friday 1 June 2018

Best Part Of Me

Best Part of Me - Poetry/ short description writing task
Term 2 Weeks 2-3

Purpose of this piece of writing is to:

Learning Intentions
I am learning to use language features to make my writing interesting and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to think carefully about the words I use so that my writing is descriptive and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to add an appropriate visual to my work

I will be successful when I can show….
-I have used some language features to make my writing interesting and engaging (smile, metaphor, alliteration, onomatopoeia, rhyme)
-I have carefully chosen some interesting words to include in my writing
-I have some descriptive words in my writing (adjectives)
-I have added a photo to my writing

These past few weeks room seven have been doing writing about best part of me. I chose my legs here is my writing and a photo.



Rendered Image
My legs are short, tanned and muscley. I aroha my legs. They help me get from place to place like a machine. They allow me to jump, run, walk and do gymnastics. They are as strong and as fast as a cheetah! I get growing pains in my legs but I do not grow, my legs are pegs.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Nevey, I see you have used great language features in your writing. Great metaphor, "my legs are pegs." They are tricky! I know just how good your legs are - they were at full speed at rippa last Friday! Great to see Te Reo in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my little girl - u have very small legs but they produce a bit of speed! Love Mum! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.