Tuesday 25 December 2018

Activity : Fantastic Beasts (summer Learning journey)

 Fantastic Beasts (summer Learning journey)


In New Zealand we have many unusual animals. One of the most unusual is the- a bird that does not have wings and can not fly. Pretty strange, eh?! J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books, has recently written a new book about strange or unusual animals called ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.’
For this activity, please watch this cool book Trailer. Year 7 and Year 8 students in South Auckland, New Zealand helped to make it. Once you have watched the video, use your imagination and create your very own beast. What does your beast look, smell, feel, and sound like?
On your blog, post a description of your beast. Use interesting adjectives (describing words) to tell us about your beast.

Bob The Fantastic Beast.

Bob the fantastic beast has the pointy furry grey ears of a cat and a distinctive smell like burnt rubber. He also has the white tail of a dog with the legs as spotty and as strong as a cheeter. He has a back of an alligator and the belly of a striped elephant! Bob has a lama neck and head. He howls in the night time and grumbles in the day time as if he was a wolf. He feels ruff and fury at the same time. He has the eyes of a devil.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Nevaeh,

    I'm Evelyn and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey team for 2018-2019 to read and follow amazing blog posts like yours! I am so excited to read what pops into that wonderful brain of yours and hope you are having fun on this journey!

    What a fantastic beast you have created! I think Newt Scamander (the main character from the Fantastic Beasts) would be very impressed, just as I am! I don't think Bob would be hard to spot since the smell of burnt rubber is really strong. Oh, elephants are my favourite animal so I think Bob's belly is my favourite thing about him haha! You have done a wonderful job of describing and explaining your beast, I can picture it clearly in my mind so thank you for that. I would love to meet him, I hope he's friendly! I'm curious to know, out of all the animals you have used the body parts of, which of them have you seen in real life before? I have seen cats, dogs, alligators, elephants and llamas in real life but I haven't seen cheetahs or wolves before.

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.